Find the answer to your question on this page…
- How old do I have to be to take part?
18 years of age or over
- How Do I Enter?
Go to the Enter Page and hit Enter for online entries or download and complete a manual entry form and post it off to the address given.
- Where do I park?
There are two options for parking, on Creggs Road from the Rugby Club to the Sligo Road or at the Glasgow sheds (opposite Crockets on the Quay).
- When and where do I collect my race pack?
The collection of race packs will take place at Registration on Friday evening from 7pm – 9pm or on the morning of the event from 7am-9am at the Quay School.
- Where is the start and finish?
The start line and finish line on Cregg’s road just up from The Rugby club, opposite the Quay School.
- Where will Spectators Park?
Some roads will be closed so suggest parking at Crockets at the Quay / The Glasgow sheds and walking
- Will there be a timing chip supplied to each runner?
Yes, you will receive this at registration. The chip will provide you with an accurate finish time. The results will be available on the chip timing company’s website shortly after the event.
- Have the course been accurately measured?
The course have been measured by a qualified course measurer and is licensed by the Athletics Association of Ireland.
- When and where will the prize ceremony take place?
The prize ceremonies will take place after the race finishes. The prizes will be awarded at an estimated time of 1pm at the club house.
- Will there be refreshments available?
There will be complimentary refreshments and snacks supplied at the clubhouse for runners.
- Is the course safe?
The course is marshalled for your safety and the majority of the roads will have good surface to run on. Some of the roads will be open to traffic so please be aware of road safety when running. Ipods or similar devices are not advised as your road awareness is compromised.
- Is there a map of the course?
The race map is available on our website.
- What facilities are available at the Start and Finish line?
- There are toilet facilities at the start, on route and at the finish line.
- Water is available on the route and after the run.
- There are first aiders and ambulance services on the route for your wellbeing.
- There are showers and changing facilities available at the start & finish line venue.
- What time does the race start?
The Half Marathon starts at 10.00am for runners. Walkers will leave at 9.15am.
- Where is the best place to look for accommodation if I want to stay overnight?
Suggestions are on the website, nearest to finish / start line is Crockets on the Quay and the Ice House.
- Are buggies and dogs allowed to accompany runners taking part in the event?
No. Due to health and safety, runners are not allowed to take part with a dog or a pram or anything else that could cause a safety risk to other runners.
- Is it possible to enter on the day?
Yes no later than 8.30am, however we ask runners to enter online or to come the night before if possible as logistics of chip/number make it easier if done in advance. We cannot guarantee goodie bags/ technical tops for late entries. Late fees apply.
- Where should I wear my race number?
Pin it to the front of your t shirt that you are wearing for the race with the pins provided at the registration desk. The timing chip will be in the race number so it is important not to cover the race number.
- Can I transfer my place to another runner?
- Can I collect a race pack on behalf of a friend?
Yes with supporting documentation.
- Will the roads be closed to traffic?
Cregg’s Road will be closed and the Gardai/Civil Defence will be present to make sure you are safe from traffic.
- How much is being donated to the charities and other worthy causes?
The River Moy 1⁄2 Marathon are a not for profit organisation, our aim is to keep the cost of entry low but organise a high quality event. Any profits made will be given in the form of donations to local sports clubs and local community groups who assist us with marshalling duties and other good causes in the area.
- What does my entry fee include?
Race Entry, Timing Chip, Technical Finishers T Shirt, Finishers Medal, refreshments / food after the race, water, first aid facilities and administration.
- Are there prizes on offer?
Yes the first 3 men and the first 3 women past the finish line for the race receive a prize, we also have prizes for the 1st Male and Female in the following categories Over 35,40’s,45’s,50,55,60,65’s and first overseas runner home Prizes include vouchers or products sourced from the local area. The only cash prize given is €250 to anyone who breaks the course record.
- Will there be pacers at the event?
Yes there will be pacers for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10 and 2:20 present at the Half Marathon.
- Can I defer my entry to next year if I cannot attend the race?
Yes if genuine reason please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where can I find the latest news and updates?
On our facebook page River Moy 1⁄2 Marathon. Like us and become a fan and all the news will be delivered.